Tuesday 19 April 2011

New Beginnings

I am not going to make any promises.  This is the second blog I have written and I will admit that I can get very lazy or just plain run out of time.  I will try my best to update things as I find them, but no promises as to how frequent I do this.

For those who don't know me very well, I am first and foremost a wet felter.  I use resist techniques to felt sculptural forms.  I am passionate about fibre sculpture and enjoy combining the two.  I have never needle felted before in my life and started last night.  I am too impatient to do gorgeous little fine sculptures, I am planning on making some 'teddy bear' sized critters and then......wet felt them.  How could I not do this!

This is Jackie Huang.  I somehow 'found' Jackie online....as I do tend to do.  Jackie's critters are all needle felted (I am encouraging him to wet felt one now).  You can see Jackie's work here http://woolbuddy.com/

One of my many bizzare talents......yes there are many......is finding people and making connections.  I meet people and am able to give them connections to other people (or places or objects) that they need.  I am a networker, never intended, it just kind of happens.  So if you ever need something or someone with a specific talent.....talk to me....you never know what will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment